Halloumi, potato and spring greens frittata recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300g tin peeled new potatoes, drained, patted dry and sliced into 5mm rounds
- 175g pack halloumi, sliced
- 200g sliced spring greens
- ½-1 red chilli, to taste, finely sliced (optional)
- 8 eggs
- 100g cherry or plum tomatoes, halved
- green salad, to serve (optional)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a medium (about 24cm) ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the potatoes for 5 mins, tossing occasionally, until golden and starting to crisp. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the halloumi to the pan and fry for 3 mins, turning halfway, until lightly golden but still soft; transfer to a plate. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and soften the greens and chilli, if using, for 2 mins. Return the potatoes to the pan. Beat the eggs in a bowl, season, then pour over the veg. Swirl the eggs around the pan for 2 mins, then arrange the halloumi on top, pulling some of the greens so that they poke out. Dot over the tomatoes, then place under the grill for 5-6 mins until risen, golden and set.
- Loosen the edges of the frittata, slide out onto a board and cut into wedges to serve alongside a green salad, if you like.