Sweetcorn fritters topped with relish, avocado and crème fraiche
· 90g flour
· 1.5tsp baking powder
· ½ tsp salt
· 3 eggs
· 500g frozen sweetcorn kernels
· 6 spring onions, finely sliced
· 20g chopped coriander
· 10g diced green chilli
· Butter for frying
Charred red pepper relish
· 1 red onion
· 1 red pepper
· 30 cherry tomatoes
· 2 ripe avocados
· 20ml lemon juice
· 10g chopped coriander
· Spoonful of crème fraiche to serve.
· First, make the charred red pepper relish. Thinly slice the red onion and sweat with oil.
· Take the seeds out of the pepper and chargrill until it has a good colour.
· Scorch the cherry tomatoes until cooked and dice the pepper.
· Add the pepper and cherry tomatoes to the onions and cook down to a chutney. Set aside for dressing.
· Make the avocado topping. Peel and roughly chop the avocados.
· Smash the avocado with the lemon juice and season so it is like guacamole. Mix the coriander through and set aside.
· Next make the fritter. Combine all the fritter ingredients together and place in a hot frying pan with a knob of butter. When the bottom side turns golden brown, flip over and finish cooking on the other side.
· Turn the fritter out onto a plate and garnish with the red pepper relish, smashed avocado and a spoonful of crème fraiche.